Our client is a global medical device company with a large presence in the Twin Cities. They are looking to hire an Electrical Engineering Manager to join their electro-mechanical leadership team. Our client is looking for an electrical engineer who has been a manager and who has experience leading a team. They would like a positive, methodical, and process oriented leader. This position does not require medical device experience. In fact, the ideal candidate has seen a variety of companies and industries.
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Manages electrical engineering functional deliverables for multiple concurrent projects from inception to completion. Ensure that product development milestones are met by anticipating issues, managing resources and risks.
- Accomplishes electrical engineering human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counselling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieves electrical engineering operational objectives by contributing electrical engineering information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying trends; determining administrative system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets electrical engineering financial objectives by forecasting electrical engineering requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Develops strategic electrical plans by studying operational plans; studying existing conditions; determining needs to accomplish operational plans; mapping solutions; updating and modifying requirements and solutions; preparing cost estimates and budgets.
- Plans electrical projects by determining specifications; selecting contractors; establishing schedules; integrating requirements with architectural and mechanical designs; verifying requirements; updating cost estimates.
- As a key member of the electro-mechanical leadership team provides product design leadership by recommending and implementing electro-mechanical drive systems, flow and sensing technologies, architecture, and utilities. Takes pride in hands-on contribution and does not hesitate to participate as an individual contributor when needed.
- Works with other functional managers and top management as required to execute R&D deliverables and support product launches within established schedules and budgets.
- Supports manufacturing and service organizations with installed-base product issues and provide guidance in choosing appropriate remedies based on engineering evaluation.
- Ensures that design choices support product requirements, verification methodologies satisfy regulatory requirements and product development procedures are followed within program timelines.
- Defines responsibilities, assign resources, create, maintain and monitor project schedules, budget, and open issues lists, participate in design review meetings and report on status, activities and plan. Create a positive, energetic work and team environment.
- Reviews and approves critical deliverables such as Electrical System Specifications, Interface Specification, Verification protocols and reports, DFMEA and HAs.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple priorities, decompose complex technical problems, make design decisions and take appropriate action that leads to acceptable solutions.
- Familiar with design for reliability, manufacturability, and testability best practices.
- Experience with Network Communication (Ethernet, USB, SPI, I2C) and Wireless Communication / Radios (WIFI, Bluetooth, RFID, NFC)
- Familiar with user interface devices, such as LCDs and touch screens
- Expertise designing electrical motor control driver (stepper and/or DC motors)
- Proficiency designing audio amplifiers and experience with acoustics
- Familiar with firmware development and commercial RTOS
- Ability to engage and lead discussions with software on developing common design controls for software and firmware.
- Experience in developing/reviewing design requirements and verification protocols.
- Experience in developing/reviewing design failure modes and affects documentation
- Familiar with: Electronic System Modeling, Electronic System Analysis,Wireless Communication System Theory and Design, Electronic Circuit Simulation, Flex, Rigid-Flex PCB Design and Layout, MID – Molded Interconnect Devices, Power suppliers and battery charging and management systems, IEC 60601 and other applicable standards
- Area of Expertise: Analog Design (Low Noise Low Signal Level Conditioning and Acquisition, Audio System Design and acoustics, Phase Lock Loop Design, Analog Signal Design, Analog Communications, RF/Wireless Design) AND Digital Design (Data Acquisition, Digital Signal Design, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Communications, Memory devices, SRAM, SDRAM, FLASH)
- Relex (Reliability Prediction Software)
- HyperLynx (PCB Analysis/Simulation)
- Prior experience in designing 32/64 bit multi core microprocessor controlled electro-mechanical devices, preferably in different industries, is highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are required.
- 12 years of experience, minimum 6 years of which are in a management / leadership role.