JOB | 476
PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL R&D ENGINEER
GREATER MINNEAPOLIS | ST. PAUL AREA
Our client is a global medical device manufacturer with a large presence in the Twin Cities. They are looking for a Principal Mechanical R&D Engineer with hands on, practical experience to join their team. Medical Device experience is NOT required for this position
JOB | 476
PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL R&D ENGINEER
GREATER MINNEAPOLIS / ST. PAUL AREA
Our client is a global medical device manufacturer with a large presence in the Twin Cities. They are looking for a Principal Mechanical R&D Engineer with hands on, practical experience to join their team. Medical Device experience is NOT required for this position.
PRINCIPAL MECHANICAL R&D ENGINEER JOB DESCRIPTION
- Performs high level engineering work requiring recognized expertise in this discipline of engineering. Plans and oversees work requiring judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and the substantial adaptation of standard engineering techniques, procedures and criteria. Devises innovative approaches to complex problems as encountered. Leads major projects and provides guidance and direction to engineers and/or technicians for the duration of project. Works with vendors and internal departments to provide technical direction, obtain necessary resources, resolve inter-departmental issues, and contribute toward project and organizational objectives.
- Oversees and participates in engineering projects and development activities of significant scope or degree of difficulty. Determines project parameters and assignments for project groups. Works with engineers in various departments to achieve results. Performs projects with only general supervision.
- Reviews and guides the resolution of technical issues as needed and ensures that technical work meets requirements and specifications.
- Creates or contributes to specifications and project plans.
- Assures engineering activities proceed per requirements of QSSOPs.
- Maintains frequent communications within and outside of department in support of engineering activities, such as project management meetings and material review, etc.
- Guides the decision-making process; frequently conducts the meeting or presentation, and makes follow-up assignments to team members.
- Coordinates communications with vendors to provide technical information and expertise.
- Oversees preparation of documentation associated with engineering activities in compliance with company QSSOPs.
- Develops and conducts facilitated training and development programs for internal departments or vendors designed to increase knowledge in issues related to functional area of expertise and/or medical device manufacturing and development including GMP, Quality Systems, and specific applications.
- Plans and assigns work / project tasks / responsibilities to personnel (typically technicians and engineers assigned to the specific project). Generally has no direct subordinates; but provides functional supervision to project team members for the duration of project assignment and assists in the evaluation of personnel performance.
- This position is required to assure compliance of Company operations to all applicable laws, regulations and standards, good business practices and company documented procedures (including knowledge of all standards, government occupational health and environmental regulations and statutes related to the site).
- Engage others, promote, and participate in Environmental, Health, and Safety initiatives, focusing on continuous improvement.
- 4 year degree in Mechanical or Biomedical Engineering or similar 10-12 years of experience or 6-9 years with an advanced degree.
- Applies extensive technical expertise in the engineering field and has full knowledge of other related disciplines
- Demonstrated verbal communication skills and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work with distributed development teams including off-shore engineering resources.
- Solid Works 3D CAD modelling software experience.
- Proven ability to lead, establish, maintain and influence effective working relationships with internal customers within the region and across functions.
- Ability to work with integrity and build trust.
- Advanced problem solving and analytical ability.
- Ability to critically review and interpret technical documentation.
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and to meet key deadlines under pressure through effective time management skills.
- Ability to clearly convey ideas and concepts verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to coach and mentor others in technical matters.
- Ability and willingness to lead and create change – changes in policy, procedure, technology, and culture.
- Ability to plan and conduct effective meetings and group presentations.
- Strong influencing skills and ability to provide functional supervision to project team members as required